Need some ideas of what to pair with vodka? This post lists the best vodka mixers, and the ratios you need to make simple vodka drink recipes at home!
Vodka is a clear spirit with a flavor that’s easy to pair, so there are plenty of good vodka mixers for me to share with you! It’s easy to make a delicious two-ingredient cocktail using vodka!
A standard shot of vodka is 1.5 ounces, and it’s what you’ll need for most of these simple cocktails. Without further ado, here are the best vodka mixers, and how to make a vodka cocktail using them!
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is the most popular vodka mixer, making the Vodka Cranberry (or a “Cape Codder” is a classic cocktail combination. Combine a shot of vodka (1.5 ounces) with 5 ounces of cranberry juice or cranberry cocktail, and server over ice cubes. These are beautiful garnished with a lime wedge! Bonus if you have cranberry vodka to use!
- Orange Juice: Vodka and orange juice pair super well together! I typically pair a shot of vodka (1.5 ounces) with 4-5 ounces of orange juice and garnish with an orange slice or a maraschino cherry.
- Tonic Water: Vodka Tonic is another classic cocktail you can make at home! Pair a shot of vodka (1.5 ounces) with 4-5 ounces of tonic water.
- Soda Water: My favorite cocktail in college was a Vodka Soda! I would always order a Vodka Soda during happy hour because it’s light and refreshing. Use higher quality vodka since vodka will be your primary flavor, and combine one shot of vodka (1.5 ounces) with 4 ounces of club soda with a squeeze of lemon juice. You can use the seltzer water of your choice. Flavored seltzers are a great option!
- Ginger Beer: If you have ginger beer and vodka, you almost have everything you need to make a classic Moscow Mule recipe! Add 4 ounces good quality ginger beer or ginger ale, a shot of vodka (1.5 ounces) and fresh lime juice. You can also add a bit of simple syrup, to taste, but I don’t think it needs the extra sweetness! Serve in a copper mug.
- Pineapple juice: You may think about pineapple juice as the perfect pairing for rum, and that’s true! But, vodka and pineapple is an excellent choice! Mix vodka with 4 ounces of pineapple juice. Since pineapple juice is pretty tart, I like to add a splash of orange juice or simple syrup. Either of these ingredients will add a little sweetness to balance the tart flavors!
- Iced Tea or Lemonade: I like to make a boozy Arnold Palmer with half iced tea (sweet or unsweet), half lemonade and a shot of vodka! This is one of the best drinks for hot summer days.
- Grapefruit Juice: Vodka Grapefruit is actually one of my favorite vodka cocktail recipes
- Tomato Juice: If you have tomato juice (or V8) you can make your own Bloody Mary! I combine a cup of tomato juice with a shot of vodka, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, celery salt and hot sauce!
- Red Bull: My energy drinks days are over, but I had plenty of Red Bull Vodkas (or RBVs) back in my day! Pair 6 ounces of your favorite energy drink with a shot of vodka.
- Dry Vermouth: A perfect vodka martini is actually easier to make than you think! Combine an ounce of dry vermouth with 3 ounces of vodka and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add olives and/or olive juice to your taste!